Call for Abstracts
Chiropractic has the incredible potential to impact millions of people looking for answers in a world full of uncertainty. At The ICA Council on Chiropractic Philosophy’s Annual Conference, we will examine the application of chiropractic’s deep philosophy as we aim to create stronger chiropractors, practices and communities that are built to withstand the challenges that we face. The Conference will be held at Logan University on October 14-15th 2023.
This opportunity to present fulfills a component of the Diplomate Renewal for 2024.
Deadline for Submission is August 31, 2023.
Notification date by September 30, 2023.
Topics may include the following:
1. Applying Chiropractic’s Principles
- Examine the application of the 33 principles and how they are relevant in practice on a day-to-day basis.
- How are they explained to patients?
- What role do they play in the analysis and adjustment?
- How is education in chiropractic schools impacting the strength of the profession?
- How are chiropractic schools impacting how chiropractic is portrayed by the public?
- How is the content that is being taught in chiropractic schools changing how chiropractic is applied?
3. Philosophy and the Detection of Vertebral Subluxation
- How does chiropractic’s philosophy drive and influence the analysis and detection of Vertebral Subluxation
- What can we improve upon to be more specific and more consistent in our analysis of the four components of vertebral subluxation?
- Describe the mental impulse, its role in the vertebral subluxation and how we can detect the loss of transmission of the quantity of mental impulse in our analysis.
4. Chiropractic’s Future
- Where do you see chiropractic’s future heading?
- Why is it currently on that trajectory? What are some reasons?
- What are some actions steps that we can take as a profession to create a stronger profession going into the future?
- What is the role of chiropractic in the current political environment?
- How can we create a stronger position politically for future events that create fear and affect the politics within healthcare?
- How can we get chiropractic closer to the forefront?
- Present current research and how it relates to chiropractic, philosophy, vertebral subluxation, and the chiropractic adjustment.
Other related topics will also be considered.
Abstracts should be limited to 300 words and submitted to the ICA Council on Chiropractic Philosophy. Submissions should also include an updated curriculum vitae.
Submissions should include:
- Author’s name, email address, postal address, and telephone number.
- An introduction to the topic.
- What you aim to accomplish with the abstract.
- Discussion of the findings relating to the topic.
- Conclusion: What is the take home message from the topic.
The deadline to submit an abstract is August 31, 2023. You will be notified no later than September 30, 2023 if your abstract is accepted for presentation.
If you have not received an email notification by that date, please call Ms. Elizabeth Evans at the ICA home office at 703-528-5000. If your submission is accepted, you will be given further instructions and a time slot to present on the weekend of October 14-15, 2023.
Submit Your Abstract!
Please complete the form below to submit your diplomate abstract.